EXPLORATION AND EXPERIENCE
- We believe children are active, curious, and capable individuals that learn best through play.
- Play provides children with opportunities to explore, to have various experiences and be creative.
- We recognize that our natural surroundings are great resources for learning. We see nature as a wonderful place for all to explore. Our hope is for all to understand that we have an important role in caring for our world.
- We believe in the value of effective communicators who:
- Recognize the value of personal opinions and those of others.
- Provide choices to enhance collaborative decision making.
- Communicate in a direct, honest manner with diplomacy and tact.
- Are proactive, assertive and action-oriented.
In light of the opportunity that we have been given to work alongside the children, families and colleagues at Gateway Children's Centre, we take responsibility to commit to excellence in early learning and care.
- We achieve this by promoting and nurturing the growth and development of each child by embracing innovation and change.
- We are responsibility and committed for person and professional growth within Gateway Children's Centre and the early childhood community at large.
- We are responsible to advocate for families and children in the broader community.